Version 3.2 (December 2018)
Release Notes tell you what’s new in Academic. As always, we welcome your feedback. You can also file a bug report. Want to update to this version? Refer to the update guide in conjunction with the parameter changes mentioned in the Breaking Changes section below.
See what’s new in Academic!
Welcome to the December 2018 release of Academic. There are a number of exciting updates in this version that we hope you will like, including:
- Redesign of search feature: search from the navigation bar or with keyboard shortcuts:
/to toggle the search dialog and press
- New day and night modes: enable users to switch between day (light) and night (dark) variations of your theme
- Fix projects not listing child pages when serving a site on Windows
Also, the Academic ecosystem has grown to include the following projects:
- Academic Admin: An admin tool to import publications from BibTeX or import assets for an offline site
- Academic Scripts: Scripts to help migrate content to new versions of Academic
- Project KickstartR: Create a Project, Team, or Conference Landing Page and Knowledge Sharing Platform with ® Markdown
Here are some considerations to make when updating Academic from the previous version, v3.1.1:
- View changes to
config.toml- scroll down to the changes for the
- Search widget is deprecated and
content/home/search.mdshould be removed
url_projectcan now only be used to link pages to external websites. To link a page to a project page, use
- Fix Hero widget and search index for multilingual sites (#820)
- Enables searching for content in the current language
- Fix Twitter sharing (#813)
- Use small Twitter card for small images
- Consider featured image and avatar image when computing optimal image to use in Twitter card
- Refactor JS: shorten MathJax filename and minify + fingerprint assets (#768)
- Remove fingerprinting from MathJax config JS to shorten its generated filename. Reduces chance of JS filenames becoming too long for user’s OS to handle due to long Sha512 asset fingerprinting.
- Minifies and fingerprints Academic’s own JS for faster loading and to prevent old versions getting cached by web browser
- Refactors Algolia search JS into its own file
Last but certainly not least, a big Thank You to all the folks that helped to make Academic even better.
Has Academic helped you? Consider supporting Academic.