Version 3.3 (December 2018)
Release Notes tell you what’s new in Academic. As always, we welcome your feedback. You can also file a bug report. Want to update to this version? Refer to the update guide in conjunction with the parameter changes mentioned in the Breaking Changes section below.
See what’s new in Academic!
Welcome to the v3.3.0 release of Academic. There are a number of exciting updates in this version that we hope you will like, including:
- New widget for Accomplishments: list your accomplishments including certificates and courses attended
- Filter the Post widget by a tag or category:
- Enables creating an instance of the Post widget for each of your main tags or categories
- Clicking on the “More Posts” link will take the user to the corresponding tag or category archive page (if enabled)
- Appointment booking supported in the Contact widget
- Simply register with an appropriate service such as
Calendly and enter the provided URL in the new
appointment_urlfield in your config
- Simply register with an appropriate service such as Calendly and enter the provided URL in the new
Here are some considerations to make when updating Academic from the previous version, v3.2.0:
- View changes to
config.toml- scroll down to the changes for the
- Replace any instances of
\\in any multiline fields such as the
- Note that there is a
bug in Hugo v0.53+ affecting
\\linebreaks; a workaround is to either downgrade Hugo to v0.50 or replace
- Note that there is a bug in Hugo v0.53+ affecting
- Upgrade the front matter of the Posts widget
- See the changes
- Save the
Accomplishments widget to
home/accomplishments.mdif you would like to use it to list your accomplishments
- Updated FontAwesome icons from v5.4.1 to v5.6.0 - includes their new Winter icon packs
Last but certainly not least, a big Thank You to all the folks that helped to make Academic even better.
Has Academic helped you? Consider supporting Academic.